**Business Services Manager**
**Date:** Nov 19, 2022
**Location(s):** Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
**Company:** NextEra Energy
**Requisition ID:** 65316
is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
**Position Specific Description**
This position sits within the Power Generation Division (PGD) which is responsible for all of NextEra Energy’s non-nuclear generation operations, exceeding 40,000 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
+ This job assists in execution of the Corporate and NextEra Power Generation business processes.
+ Under direct guidance, employees in this role are responsible for financial analysis and reporting, strategic initiatives, cash flow management, and total cost budgeting and forecasting. Individuals aim to drive business improvement through action-oriented insights in support of Operations leadership in decision-making and strategy.
+ Individuals plan, schedule, communicate, and coordinate the annual budgeting process, the monthly forecasting, and collaborate cross-functionally to deliver optimal financial analysis. Employees in this position also focus on the continuous improvement of spending, risks and opportunities, and costing methods in accordance with corporate policy and business objectives.
Skills and Experience:
+ Proven leadership and staff development/mentoring capabilities
+ Strong organizational, change management and execution skills
+ Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
+ Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
+ Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
+ Process improvement mindset
This position oversees a team of business services analysts and leaders responsible for the Power Generation budget and business processes. Leaders in this role manage the business unit’s budgeting, forecasting, and performance measurement functions. The team provides analytical support to the business unit, cost and performance analysis, and analysis and reporting of the business unit financial and operating results. Employees in this job also act in a lead role in projects such as regulatory support, storm support, and emergency response.
**Job Duties & Responsibilities**
• Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control
• Ensures all activities of the team are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliant
• Provides financial leadership by supporting Operations leadership in decision-making and strategy development
• Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job
• Provides reporting and analysis for all operations activity including productivity, capital and overhead spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, and inventory and operations planning
• Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences
• Communicates and explains operational performance through P and L
• Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments
• Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles
• Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses
• Extracts, organizes, analyzes, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
• Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Analytical Problem Solving
• Statistical/Advanced Quality Methods
• High School Grad / GED
• Financial Planning
• Safety Policy and Practice
• Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:5+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:5+ years
**Employee Group:** Exempt
**Employee Type:** Full Time
**Job Category:** Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
**Organization:** NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
**Relocation Provided:** Yes, if applicable
**Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.**
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy **does not** accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from **any third-party recruiting firms or agencies** . Please see ourfor more information.