**Production Specialist – E (S) – Plant Port Everglades**
**Date:** Nov 25, 2022
**Location(s):** Ft Lauderdale, FL, US, 33316
**Company:** NextEra Energy
**Requisition ID:** 62143
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
**Position Specific Description**
This position sits within the Power Generation Division which is responsible for all NextEra Energy’s non-nuclear generation operations. The plant is in Ft Lauderdale, Florida. Combined, the units total 1290 megawatts. This is a 12-hour rotating shift position and reports directly to the Production Leader.
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
This is a multi-functional classification that combines the skills of a plant Control Center Operator with that of an electrical maintenance journeyman discipline. The individual functions to provide real time surveillance and operation of all control room systems and equipment, operates controls and supervises instruments inside a control room containing boiler, turbine, generator and transmission line control boards. Under direct or general supervision, directs the operation of all plant equipment as required to maintain proper operating conditions. May perform maintenance duties when not required to work in the control room, to the extent that he/she is capable, qualified and able to perform in a safe manner.
**Minimum requirements for job:**
1. Must be qualified in the electrical maintenance journeyman discipline.
2. Must have held, or have been previously qualified to hold, the operator “A”, or turbine operator position, or equivalent.
1. Assures appropriate configuration of plant control room systems.
2. Monitors performance and operating characteristics of boiler, turbine, generator and transmission line, and operates associated controls taking necessary actions to prevent or limit failure and optimize efficiency.
3. Completes appropriate documentation for accuracy of accounting and/or equipment history.
4. Identify equipment problems prior to lost function of the unit.
5. Issues and/or executes in-plant clearance orders as required.
6. Functions as designed in support of other classifications and their respective accountability.
7. Performs associated responsibilities according to the rules incorporated in the safe work practices handbook and the Memorandum of Agreement.
8. Functions as an electrician when needed.
**Employee Group:** Bargaining Unit
**Employee Type:** Full Time
**Job Category:** Power Generation Bargaining Unit
**Organization:** Florida Power & Light Company
**Relocation Provided:** No
**Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.**
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy **does not** accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from **any third-party recruiting firms or agencies** . Please see ourfor more information.