**Wind Field Service Technician III: Steele Flats, Diller Nebraska**
**Date:** Feb 20, 2023
**Location(s):** Diller, NE, US, 68342
**Company:** NextEra Energy
**Requisition ID:** 70572
is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
**Position Specific Description**
Join the world’s leading generator of renewable energy as a Wind Technician at NextEra Energy. As a Wind Technician you will be on the critical front-line to ensure the safe and optimal performance of all wind farm site operations. You will primarily focus on the safe execution of field-based equipment maintenance and diagnostics, as well as the long-term reliability and profitability of the equipment. Additional duties may include:
• Executing Safety Management System procedures and instructions, conducting field work in compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) applicable regulations, encourage good employee safety practices, and drive an unparalleled employee safety culture
• Working outdoors and at heights inside and outside of the elements.
• Troubleshoot and maintain electrical components; like relays, breakers, contactors, cards and/or hardware of that nature.
• Troubleshoot and maintain mechanical components; like motors, gear drives and/or anything mechanical in nature.
• Perform routine annual preventative maintenances of wind turbine components.
• Operation of the tablet that is provided to each technician
• Collaborating closely with internal NextEra users to develop and implement operation focused feedback and solutions for planned and unplanned maintenance, improvement projects, development, and financial performance
• Recruiting and developing other technicians for the ongoing development of team
• Supporting site manager for all phases of timely safety and environmental reporting, maintenance, financial reporting, and turbine availability
• Presenting a positive professional representation of NextEra Energy in the community and with the customer
• Participating in Business Lean Six Sigma processes and projects
• Active participation in the career development and Partners in Performance programs driving the annual merit & incentives rewards.
Employees in this entry-level role perform maintenance and repair activities on wind turbine generators. Individuals conduct precision measurement, generator alignment, bearing replacement, and torque checks.
**Job Duties & Responsibilities**
Under direct supervision:
+ Travels extensively with little or no notice within the entire company fleet
+ Performs maintenance and repair on wind turbine power generation equipment
+ Performs electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting
+ Maintains all company supplied equipment, facilities, and tooling
+ Completes Safety Mentor training curriculum with 6 months of initial hire
+ Completes Wind Field Service Technician III training curriculum within first year
+ Ability to meet attendance requirements
+ Performs other job-related duties as assigned
+ High School Grad / GED
+ Experience: 1+ years in a technical field, OR completion of a technical certificate/degree program
+ Valid Driver’s License (NON CDL)
+ Ability to climb a wind turbine up to 300 feet
+ Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval
+ Associate’s Degree
**Employee Group:** Non Exempt
**Employee Type:** Full Time
**Job Category:** Technicians – Wind/HV/Solar
**Organization:** NextEra Operating Srvs
**Relocation Provided:** Yes, if applicable
**Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.**
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy **does not** accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from **any third-party recruiting firms or agencies** . Please see ourfor more information.