The Assistant Project Manager (APM) provides support for the successful implementation of nuclear power projects at Holtec Britain. Projects encompass all phases of the project life cycle but will focus on engineering design projects. The role will have a specific focus on project controls, focusing on Document Control and Project Coordination, and is an effective communicator who is able to follow established processes with the overall project management team. Principal duties include:
- Collection of contract and project requirements.
- Responsible for planning and arranging meetings, taking minutes and documenting actions.
- Receiving, tracking and monitoring drawings and documentation, inputting of document information for reports and logging into database Support cross-team communication
- Establish and updates tasks or timelines as needed.
- Maintain project metrics including budget and KPIs.
- Implementation of Project Management tools to ensure project success.
- Provide support to the lead Project Manager, interfacing with Holtec’s corporate offices, factories, local subcontractors.
- Coordinate and manage communications with suppliers and partner organizations.
- Provide weekly reports on assigned projects.
- Register with potential clients for Request for Proposals, by preparing and submitting bid qualification responses under direction from the Program Manager.
- Assist with Holtec Britain’s marketing strategy.
- Manage working time, working autonomously.
- Travel to other Holtec office locations within the United Kingdom.
- Improvement of working processes and procedures.
- Make decisions and recommendations within authorized limits. Exercise considerable judgment and initiative in interpreting policy in the planning and implementation of projects and/or work assignments.
- Receiving, tracking and monitoring drawings and documentation.
- Inputting of document information for reports and logging into database.
- Responding to internal and external emails and documentation requests.
- Generating and issuing weekly progress status reports for both internal and external documentation.
- Expediting the review of internal and external documentation within project/program functions.
- Ensure that the planning data that inputs into the required reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately, is accurate, validated by the Project Manager and up to date as required.
- The APM is expected to complete Holtec’s Quality Indoctrination within one month of joining, and complete Holtec’s OJT training within 6 months of joining.
- Knowledge and experience in all areas of document/data management.
- Proficient in use of electronic Document/Data Management Systems.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Detail oriented and skilled in setting priorities.
- Ability to learn fast, maintain quality and efficiency, apply acquired knowledge.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills.
- Confident in seeking support where required.
Holtec International are partnered with Thomas Thor for recruitment purposes, you may be contacted directly by Thomas Thor as part of your application process.
By engaging with Holtec and sharing your information with our recruitment partner, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these privacy statements and agree to the terms. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your data.