The Assistant Project Manager (APM) provides support for the successful implementation of nuclear power projects at Holtec Britain. Projects encompass all phases of the project life cycle but will focus on engineering design projects. The APM will have a specific focus on project planning and scheduling in Primavera. The APM will be an effective communicator who is able to follow established processes with the overall project management team. Principal duties include:
- Responsible for ensuring that internal planning processes and work instructions are followed on all assigned projects to allow for consistency and reporting.
- Responsible for the schedule to ensure completion of projects to time and cost
- Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules in a concise and timely manner as required by the Project Manager/Planning Manager
- Successful in identifying any project deviations, slippage reports, opportunities, mitigations and communication of same to the Project Manager.
- Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by the Project Manager and giving appropriate planning advice.
- Deliver the periodic programme updates and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme as required.
- Ensure that the planning data that inputs into the required reports to allow Project Managers to direct the project appropriately, is accurate, validated by the Project Manager and up to date as required.
- Establish and updates tasks or timelines as needed
- Implementation of Project Management tools to ensure project success
- Provide support to the lead Project Manager, supporting the resolution of any technical, or contractual issues and interfacing with Holtec’s corporate offices, factories, local subcontractors.
- Provide weekly reports on assigned projects.
- Manage working time, working autonomously.
- Travel to other Holtec office locations within the United Kingdom.
- The APM is expected to complete Holtec’s Quality Indoctrination within one month of joining, and complete Holtec’s OJT training within 6 months of joining.
- Expert user of Primavera P6 software in regards to the project level and an overall understanding of the Enterprise database
- A detailed understanding of engineering projects how they are designed, constructed and commissioned.
- Able to accurately define project programmes and schedules with clarity.
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team in the production of Project Programs.
- Able to communicate with impact and experience of managing and influencing interfaces with engineering disciplines with minimal supervision.
- Experience in preparing project resource histograms, and performance analysis data, and Earned Value Analysis.
- Detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, data analysis, trend analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to learn fast, maintain quality and efficiency, apply acquired knowledge.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills.
- Confident in seeking support where required.
Holtec International are partnered with Thomas Thor for recruitment purposes, you may be contacted directly by Thomas Thor as part of your application process.
By engaging with Holtec and sharing your information with our recruitment partner, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these privacy statements and agree to the terms. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your data.