At Zap Energy, in addition to building the first of its kind commercial fusion energy platform, our team is also creating an industry-defining, high-growth business. As a Business Operations Specialist at Zap, you will be an important part of our corporate team collaborating with executive leadership, functional experts, investors, and external partners. You will develop internal as well as Board-level and investor-facing financial and operational forecasts, scenario models, analyses of past results and trends, research summaries, and other strategic materials. Your insights will enable Zap to improve and enhance operations, strategic planning, and stakeholder engagement.
An effective team member in this role will bring a strong background in data analysis, business operations, financial analysis, executive reporting, and visualization. We’re looking for a builder to join our expanding team and partner across the organization to fuel growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Data Analysis. Identifying, gathering, organizing, and analyzing technical, operational, and financial data from multiple systems across the business to identify trends, create forecasts, and model scenarios. Utilize tools and techniques to generate insights and support company-wide decisions for strategic projects, business operations, and investments.
- Strategic Collaboration. Working with functional leaders and subject matter experts, provide analytical support for strategic initiatives, functional projects, Board reporting, business development, corporate communications, talent management, and other high-impact programs. Develop deep understanding of business strategy, operational processes, competitive positioning, and the broader energy market.
- Communication. Prepare reports, presentations, and related documentation to communicate analysis and recommendations to exceed the expectations of various audiences. Build engaging graphics and apply data visualization methods to enhance messages.
- Improvement. Design, build, and maintain enterprise-level dashboards for ongoing management of the business. Advise on system selection for additional toolsets such as ERP platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or technical field
- 5-8+ years of experience in similar roles providing business/financial analysis, data visualization, and decision support
- Applied skills with tools including Excel, Power BI, Tableau, PowerPoint and similar
- Excellent critical thinking skills within a business environment to solve problems and make decisions
- Experience creating data-rich content and delivering to C-level and Board-level audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and uncompromising attention to detail
- Broad exposure to strategic elements of a business spanning operations, investor relations, planning, and market analysis.
- Ability to prioritize and get things done independently and in a fast-paced team environment
While doing meaningful work is rewarding, Zap Energy also offers the following:
- Education or experience in an engineering or scientific field
- MBA or master’s degree in a quantitative curriculum
- Advanced analytics tools and languages including SQL
- Work experience in a consulting, analytics, or investment firm
- Retirement plan with company match
- Employee stock options
- Premium health insurance and paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
The estimated annual salary range for this position is $130K – 170K. Candidates may be considered for other positions at Zap Energy and the actual salary will be based on relevant education, experience, and other qualifications. The range is published in accordance with the Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act.
Zap Energy is building a low-cost, compact, and scalable fusion energy platform that conﬁnes and compresses plasma without the need for expensive and complex magnetic coils. Zap’s sheared-flow-stabilized Z-pinch technology provides compelling fusion economics and requires orders of magnitude less capital than conventional approaches. Zap Energy has approximately 150 team members in multiple facilities near Seattle and is backed by leading ﬁnancial and strategic investors.
Zap Energy Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.