Talen Energy is soliciting candidates interested in filling the position of Electrical Engineer at the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station located near Berwick, Pennsylvania.
Susquehanna Steam Electric Station, one of the largest dual-unit, Boiling Water Reactor sites in the U.S., delivers approximately 2700 MW of electricity to the grid in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Susquehanna Nuclear is a member in good standing with the Utilities Service Alliance. Located less than 30 miles south of Wilkes-Barre at the western edge of the picturesque Pocono Mountains vacation region, we are conveniently located near the arteries which connect all the major East Coast cities.
Susquehanna Station represents the nuclear portion of Talen Energy, one of the largest competitive energy and power generation companies in North America. Talen Energy offers its employees a generous and progressive array of compensation, benefits and growth opportunities. Apply today and become part of the team which is helping to shape the future of electricity generation
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities and programs
- Provide technical expertise and consultation to identify/resolve equipment and system problems.
- Uses existing procedures to investigate, evaluate and assist in producing technically correct and cost-effective designs or recommendations that solve ongoing problems.
- Directly interface with other workgroups (i.e. Operations, Maintenance) and Station Leadership regarding plant issues and improvement initiatives.
- Builds relationships that will facilitate knowledge transfer, cross functional knowledge of related work groups, and ability to present work products effectively.
- Assists with developing procedures, improving design recommendations and new equipment purchase recommendations.
- Leading multi-discipline teams as the Lead Responsible Engineer for plant design changes.
- Preparation and review of design change packages and design calculations in accordance with plant procedures.
- Providing support for outages, emergent issues and generation challenges which may require shift work/off hours.
- Participation in the Emergency Response Organization, in which the successful candidate will be assigned a specific duty.
- Performing other assigned duties as determined by the Electrical Design Engineering Branch Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent.
- Individual must meet nuclear requirements for Unescorted Plant Access.
- All requirements listed Engineer and Support Engineer
- Minimum of five years related electrical engineering experience in nuclear or relevant industry.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience with EQ Program analysis and qualification documentation
- Internship/co-op in the energy industry preferred.
- Engineer in Training Certificate.
- Working knowledge of NEC, IEEE and EPRI standards.
- Professional Engineering registration in Pennsylvania
- Familiar with electrical power system analysis software – ETAP.
- Familiar with electrical design requirements for Nuclear Power plants
- Industry Standard Design Process Qualification
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .