Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Engineer II position is the intermediate level of the Engineering classification hierarchy. Employees in the Engineer II position solve complex problems in engineering areas of specialization with general supervision. An Engineer II is expected to develop advanced skills, and the ability to work with greater independence. An Engineer II effectively applies fundamental concepts and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied. This position will be performing Transmission Line Designs. The employee hired will get additional training, relevant to the position.
• Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of well-defined problems in area of expertise.
• Contributes to team decision-making in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities; deals with changing priorities and differing situations and makes decision that may affect the work of the team.
• Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches related to well-defined problems and analysis of moderate scope and complexity.
• Conducts engineering and related studies; projects and assignments are clearly defined with focus on development but must be able to complete routine engineering projects with minimal oversight; competent to design, operate and maintain systems with minimum impact on existing systems.
• Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures; demonstrates proficiency in technical competencies and has ability to interpret technical information and instructions.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
Must have obtained Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited program
A Master's degree in Engineering will be considered in lieu of the B.S. Engineering degree.
2 plus years related work experience
• Engineer in Training Certification
Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam.
Understanding of basic principles of project management.
Experience in the electric utility industry.
Department specific experience applicable to the hiring department.
Transmission Line Basic Experience and Knowledge
Mobility Classification - Hybrid
Posting Expiration DateThursday, November 16, 2023
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
This job is closed.