Number of Openings
This position may fill either the Manager – Systems Engineering or the Manager – Programs Engineering position at the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station. The Engineering Managers are responsible for the efficient and effective performance of those engineers who support the safe and reliable operation of SSES, specifically engineers in Computer Systems, Power and Generation Systems, Safety and Support Systems, Programs Engineering, and Equipment Reliability. This includes management of plant systems and components to achieve excellent equipment performance and plant safety consistent with regulatory and industry guidance. Contributing responsibilities include defining importance and maintenance strategies for plant equipment, monitoring systems and components performance, coordinating with station peers for action to prevent or resolve equipment challenges, defining life-time strategies for plant systems and components, and executing troubleshooting processes to resolve equipment or component performance challenges. The Manager-System Engineering maintains oversight responsibility for Maintenance Rule implementation. The Manager-Programs Engineering maintains oversight responsibility for the Corrective Action Program implementation.
- Ensure engineering staff efficiently executes work assignments to support plant needs while meeting department budgetary requirements
- Plant systems management to achieve excellent equipment performance and plant safety
- Defining importance and maintenance strategies for plant equipment
- Monitoring systems and components performance
- Defining life-time strategies for plant systems and components
- Supporting implementation of work management process, including work order planning input, component testing input
- Coordinating action to prevent or resolve equipment challenges
- Executing troubleshooting to resolve equipment or component performance challenges
- Maintain oversight responsibility for Maintenance Rule implementation
- Maintain oversight responsibility for Corrective Action Program implementation
- Interface with regulatory and industry representatives related to System Engineering areas of responsibility
- Education: Shall hold a baccalaureate or higher degree in engineering or the physical sciences.
- Experience: Shall have ten years of experience related to engineering or the physical sciences, including five years nuclear-related experience that includes participation in the activities of an operating nuclear power plant during the following: 1) 1 month above 20% power; 2) routine refueling outage; 3) startup testing. The Manager ‑ Systems Engineering and Manager – Programs Engineering shall hold an NRC SRO license or have held a license of a similar unit or have been certified at an appropriate simulator.
Other Basic Qualifications
- Three (3) years of professional level experience in nuclear services, nuclear plant operations or nuclear engineering.
- Professional Engineer license desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees at various levels of the organization, including vendors.
- Previously or currently holds two or more of the following positions: Manager – Engineering, Engineering Branch Manager, Principal Engineer, or Senior Engineer (from SSES Career Map document)
- Previously or currently holds a management position in Operations Management, Work Management/Maintenance or Site Support (from SSES Career Map document)
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .