Job SummaryPerform semi-skilled manual work, maintenance and operating duties in connection with power plant operation, as assigned. Job duties may vary, depending on the line-of-progression (Operations, Maintenance or Coal Yard).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Isolate, clean, open, replace, inspect, close and return to service strainers, heat exchangers and dust collectors.
2) Operate, clean, service and lubricate portable power-driven tools and equipment. Maintain tools, equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Utilize portable meters, analyzers and equipment to conduct tests and monitoring. Lubricate and check lubrication equipment; adjust packing glands as necessary and perform necessary operative maintenance, using appropriate hand tools. Operate oil filtering equipment.
3) Operate, regulate, adjust, clean and perform minor maintenance on bottom ash and flash handling equipment, including associated pumps, piping and valves. Monitor and inspect all plant equipment for normal operation. Identify and report abnormal conditions to the proper authority and write work orders.
4) Perform simple disassembly and assembly work, clean and recondition parts, lubricate, bolt, unbolt, wire brush and open and close inspection doors. Prepare equipment work surfaces and areas by removing insulation guards and simple housings; remove pipe covering and insulation and prepare such surfaces for recovering. Erect and remove simple scaffolding and rigging. Perform minor maintenance work on heating and plumbing systems such as repair valves, repair and replace fittings and short sections of piping; clean and replace traps.
5) Load, unload, move and handle materials, supplies and equipment, open boxes, barrels, bags and other materials. Operate material handling equipment including hoists, fork-lift trucks, skid steer loaders, small tractors and automotive equipment and their associated equipment and perform duties incidental to the operation of such equipment.
6) Perform routine cleaning of plant areas and equipment, including outside areas, as assigned. Clean oil igniters and nozzles.
7) Assist in preparing boilers and auxiliaries for operation and removal from service. Monitor coal feed to mills and burners and observe conditions of fires and furnaces. Hand lance slag in boilers, hand- operating soot blowers, unplugging ash lines, disposing of clinkers and other similar work.
8) Use flow diagrams to identify system piping and equipment and revise these prints as required. Make required equipment checks and assist in performing tests and preparing related reports, graphs and curves.
9) Perform duties in accordance with Company's safety rules, operating regulations and practices and report unsafe conditions and practices. Train for and carry out assignments in firefighting, first aid and other emergency response programs as required.
10) Perform similar or less skilled work as assigned.
Education requirements are listed below:
Required License(s)/Certification(s) are listed below:
Physical demand level is Medium and requirements details are listed below:
Compensation Range:$23.58-27.05 USD
Hear about it first! Get job alerts by email. Log in to your Candidate Home Account today! If you don't have an account, you can create one.It is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.