Critical role within the business development process for the company. Will develop cost estimates to ensure key profitability goals are achieved through the accurate and timely development of estimates. Position is responsible for analyzing requirements to achieve reliable multi-dimensional costs to include material and labor expense to support initiatives to acquire new business for the organization. Performance will be measured through accuracy, timeliness and thoroughness of estimation quotes combined with profitability achievements of direct estimate portfolio.
- Manage multiple estimate requests from intake to final proposal.
- Participate in the ongoing development of best practices to achieve optimal estimating results.
- Develop and contribute to populating price lists based upon manufactured parts product groups.
- Provide self-assessment data on individual achievements in acquiring new business.
- Meet departmental standards in timely submission of estimates to meet customer expectations and optimize chances for pricing acceptance.
- Create detailed individual manufacturing plans for each estimate to rationalize pricing levels.
- Interface with Purchasing and Inventory teams to determine availability and costs for raw materials and components required for manufactured parts.
- Work in partnership with internal process engineering team to finalize individual manufacturing projects to support standardization of costs and related labor requirements for unique products.
- Maintain accurate and timely data on all assigned estimation projects with company ERP system.
About the Company…
Power Plant Services (PPS) is a leading manufacturer of replacement parts within the power generation industry. As part of Power Services Group, PPS has a successful track record spanning 25 years of meeting the demand for parts to support power plants and manufacturers relying on steam-generating power equipment worldwide. With locations in Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Missouri and Ohio, the Power Services Group portfolio of brands includes divisions dedicated to inspection and repair of equipment on site at power plants and related power generation producers.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of full-time estimation experience within a manufacturing setting is strongly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are critical for success.
- Intermediate level proficiency in the Microsoft product suite with an emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to work on site five days per week to optimize team collaboration and effectiveness.