Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Under general supervision, the NGBU Gas Layout Technician will be responsible for designing gas piping systems utilizing AutoCAD. This person will manage the completion of all deliverables including fabrication drawings, bill of materials and other documents required for regulator stations, meter sets and services. Performing such duties, such as:
1. Completing pipeline design layout and associated drafting, maps and records activities with minimum direction from others.
2. Preparing cost estimates for preliminary and construction projects with direction from others.
3. Assisting in the implementation of quality assurance measures providing consistency of drawing and mapping products.
4. Assisting with the implementation of standards and procedures as they pertain to departmental drafting, mapping, and GIS practices.
5. Evaluating equipment, software and hardware related to gas operations in order to provide input to improve GIS, drafting and design functions.
6. Creating CAD “system architectures” for drafting and mapping applications, such as menu design and tool palettes.
7. Receiving and applying training as it relates to designing standards based engineering projects such as main extensions, large services and large M&R’s, as standards are developed.
8. Corresponding with other utilities (electric, water, telephone, cable, etc.) regarding projects such as highways or utility construction to obtain GIS and/or CAD related data or to determine status, locations, schedules and other factors which might affect gas facilities.
9. Checking, instructing, and assisting employees in this and lower classifications in their work and on standard practices and procedures as assigned.
10. Developing and updating training modules and tests.
11. Providing instructional training to other company employees in areas such as GIS, gas maps, records, and construction drawings.
12. Developing procedures pertaining to the duties of this and lower classifications.
13. Providing technical assistance in gas system analysis area, MAOP, regulatory requirements, layout of meters, regulators, piping and material selection.
14. Assisting in responding to requests for data stored in electronic data processing systems (not available through production programs) by writing and executing report programs.
15. Performing other similar or less skilled work as assigned.
Must meet the Company's requirements as to GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS; and, in addition:
Must have at least three (3) years experience as a Gas Technician, or equivalent.
Must have obtained a minimum of 20 semester credits, above the entrance requirements for the Gas Technician, in subjects approved by the department.
Must be capable of directing the work of others.
Must be able to communicate with Company and non-Company personnel regarding gas facilities and other matters.
Must have a knowledge of standards and procedures.
Must demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of a Gas Technician through the medium of validated tests.
Must be willing to be subject to D.O.T. drug testing.
Posting Expiration DateWednesday, December 6, 2023
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
This job is closed.