Responsible for providing support to the SVP, Federal Affairs and the Federal Affairs team including PAC responsibilities and some congressional and federal agency advocacy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement assigned Company programs and department initiatives with internal and external organizations, including but not limited to, Political Action Committee (PAC), and advocacy efforts.
- Assists Federal Affairs team in responding to legislative and federal agency issues, as requested.
- Provide administrative support to the SVP, Federal Affairs.
- Participate in meetings of interest to the Company, as assigned by the Federal Affairs team.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the Washington office including supplies, visitors, etc.
- Under minimal guidance prepare, analyze and interpret legislation and government documents.
- Keep abreast of Company policies/procedures, and other changes affecting the Company's responsiveness to customers.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments as necessary in order to perform job functions.
- Keep immediate supervision advised of issues/concerns affecting Company operations and maintains a high level of confidentiality and exercises good judgment.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with appropriate external organizations on business, policy, and political issues.
- Assists in organization and planning of regular meetings for the Federal Affairs team.
- Assists SVP, Federal Affairs with administering department policies and procedures.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory hearing schedules for Federal Affairs team.
- Provide updates on media related to Company and electric utility industry.
- Assist with scheduling of events and interested party meetings for SVP, Federal Affairs.
- Maintain expenditure records for lobbying filings and corporate auditing purposes.
Education: Bachelor's degree in related areas of study.
Experience: 5 years related experience including knowledge of the legislative process.
- Must possess strong computer skills and be able to operate audio visual equipment.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and be able to complete a task with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to effectively work with individuals internal and external to the Company. Responsibilities and activities can have a significant impact on external customer's perception of the Company's service.
- Must be proactive and able to work on projects independently or with a team.
Hear about it first! Get job alerts by email. Log in to your Candidate Home Account today! If you don't have an account, you can create one.
It is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.