Holtec Decommissioning International (HDI) is currently seeking a HR Generalist to join the Palisades Nuclear Power Plant team in Covert, MI.
We are proud of our reputation for professional and technical excellence, and we recognize that the key to upholding that reputation resides in the excellence of our employees. We are looking for talent who brings value to the organization and contribute in advancing our business and reputation.
The Human Resources Generalist/Business Partner provides human resources guidance to include employee relations, recruiting and staffing, labor relations performance management, benefits, diversity, conflict resolution, training and process coordination. This person consults with management on strategic and operational HR and business issues.
Provides strategic HR consulting and problem-solving solutions to business leaders. Consults and works with management and employees to accomplish effective governance, oversight, execution and support of Human Resources programs, policies and procedures.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Responds to routine employee relations questions and concerns that arise related to HR policies, practices, disciplinary matters, performance evaluation, etc. Investigates problems such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, employee complaints and compliance concerns. Provides guidance and recommendations for problem/issue resolution. Notifies leadership appropriately of concerns and investigations
- Has responsibility for recruitment of all plant and staff positions to include interviewing, scheduling of interviews, and testing
- Coordinates the on-boarding process for new hires ensuring that all new hire paperwork, etc. is completed and retained. Ensures completion of all pre-employment, post-offer testing and reports
- Assists in the administration of employee time and attendance; new hire, termination and personnel change forms; maintains attendance records; assists with the processing of payroll as needed;
- Facilitate annual performance review process and collect review forms. Manage hourly probationary performance management system and review process
- Manage the division’s FMLA and Short/Long Term Disability, programs to include certifications, notices and communications. Maintain records, and notifies payroll accordingly
- Provide training as needed; facilitate the use of the Learning Management System
- Perform exit interviews for exiting employees, complete unemployment questionnaires and monitor claims, represent company at unemployment compensation hearings
- Responsible for assisting employees with benefits enrollment, questions, claim resolution, and reviewing benefits plans annually. Assist with the Wellness program incentives, and communications.
- Complete employment verifications, benefit verification letters, employment verification letters, and travel letters for employees or visitors
- Responsible for company-wide communications, policy changes, and enrollment notifications
- Provide day to day Human Resources support and responses to employees’ questions, concerns, problems, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date organization charts, employee files, and employee information in ADP
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management or related preferred with minimum 2 years of experience in Human Resources or recruiting, Human Resources experience in a Nuclear Facility is a plus.
- Desired: PHR/SPHR certification (or equivalent) for Sr HR Generalist. HR Generalist I and II must possess the capability of obtaining certification in the future.
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of labor and employment laws (e.g., FMLA, Title VII, FCRA, ADA, FLSA, HIPAA) and other HR concepts
- Experience with using ADP preferred
HDI offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; time-off programs; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. HDI is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.