The skilled PC Support Technician plays a crucial role in providing technical assistance to computer users, addressing queries, and resolving computer-related issues. This role involves assisting clients in person, via telephone, or electronically, ensuring seamless operation of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, email, and operating systems. In addition, your performance in the position will be evaluated. The position will be based out of our Melrose Park, Illinois office location with minimal travel.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and upgrades of desktop PCs, cell phones, and laptops, both in terms of hardware and software.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity issues.
- Address user inquiries about computer software or hardware operation and effectively resolve problems.
- Utilize technical manuals, collaborate with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve issues or offer technical assistance and support.
- Evaluate software or hardware and suggest improvements or upgrades where necessary.
- Perform minor hardware and software installations and repairs according to design or installation specifications.
- Inspect equipment and review order sheets to prepare for delivery to end-users.
- Escalate significant hardware or software issues or defective products to vendors or specialized technicians for service.
- Conduct technology orientation and provide ongoing technology training for internal teams.
- Identify and promptly escalate problem tickets and urgent situations to the appropriate resource.
- Maintain and update ticket tracking, asset management, and inventory tracking systems.
About the Company:
Power Plant Services (PPS) is a leading manufacturer of replacement parts within the power generation industry. As part of Power Services Group, PPS has a successful track record spanning 25 years of meeting the demand for parts to support power plants and manufacturers relying on steam-generating power equipment worldwide. With locations in Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Missouri and Ohio, the Power Services Group portfolio of brands includes divisions dedicated to inspection and repair of equipment on site at power plants and related power generation producers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a relevant field.
- Preferred experience with enterprise ticketing systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of both Apple and PC hardware, including printer setups and network configuration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong expertise in Microsoft-based operating systems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Excellent prioritization skills, flexibility, and strong organizational abilities.
- Physical capability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and the ability to sit or stand for extended periods.