Number of Openings
This position is responsible for performing, under supervision, challenging engineering work in an emergent environment. Specific job tasks may include component and system troubleshooting and creation and implementation of emergent modifications in support of the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station's (SSES) Fix-It-Now (FIN) Team. Candidate should be proficient in electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting with an understanding of the engineering change process.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead component and system troubleshooting with support from SSES FIN Team; including development of support refute matrices and formal troubleshooting plans.
- Build relationships throughout the department that will facilitate prompt response to emergent issues.
- Apply basic engineering principals to emergent plant issues with the objective of restoring systems and components to functional/operable status in the short term.
- Provide written documentation of troubleshooting activities to the System Engineer to provide a basis for resolution of related CAP actions.
- Create and implement temporary and permanent plant modifications using well defined engineering procedures.
- Assist Station Engineering with Prompt Operability Determinations when specific expertise is available in the EFIN organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Engineering, engineering technology, or other related science discipline from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, engineering technology, or other related science discipline from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ related engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards for the specific position.
- SSES Engineering Certification and a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in a Nuclear Facility.
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .