May be responsible to perform a combination of the following duties based upon dual job assignment.
- Competently operates and maintains a simple cycle generating facility and all associated auxiliary and support equipment with minimal guidance or assistance.
- Monitors and operates combustion turbine, compressors, and electric generators for operational changes on demand including start-up, shutdown, and emergency response situations during trips and/or major power plant load adjustment conditions.
- Must perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must comply with and practice proper equipment Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures.
- Must follow proper event notification and communication protocols to management and regulatory agencies as applicable.
- Maintains required documentation including records, log sheets and charts in electronic and/or hard format.
- Fully supports the use of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) by displaying a proficiency in using the system, entering data consistent with fellow employees and dedication to the facility maintenance philosophy.
- Thoroughly records equipment problems on the CMMS work requests and documents maintenance actions taken on work order forms. Handles corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance work orders in a timely and high quality manner. Shows diligence in documenting spare parts usage and re-ordering.
- Proactively perform preventive maintenance activities on plant equipment per OEM recommendations and as scheduled by the CMMS.
- Proven ability to define scope of work for repair and routine maintenance activities (such as outages) to include: resource planning, scheduling, contractor management and prepare/manage Purchase Orders for multiple contractors.
- Troubleshoot and repair plant systems and equipment as necessary. In addition to maintaining equipment and calibration of instrumentation and controls.
- Proficient at operating the plant via a remote distributed control system (DCS). Periodically, equipment may need to be operated locally via PLC panel interfaces.
- Perform routine evaluations of auxiliary equipment, cooling tower, demineralizer, RO unit water chemistry, and make necessary changes to chemical feed systems to ensure continued plant operation (as applicable).
- Participate in an Employee Development and Qualification Program “EDQP” as defined by plant management.
- Will participate in a “Responsibility Based Management Program” which requires system ownership. Duties will include budget preparation, housekeeping, preventive maintenance procedures, training and operational procedure development for system(s)/program(s) assigned
- Work shift hours, overtime, and irregular hours as needed to support reliable operation of the facility. From time to time the working hours will be determined on short notice based on plant requirements.
- Performs general housekeeping and continuous improvement of the appearance of the facility including painting projects as required. Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of the plant and control room, or other duties as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Must have the ability to administer and manage programs in a technology base environment.
- Must have ability to work alone at nights and weekends.
- Solid Mechanical / electrical aptitude.
- General knowledge of hazardous material handling.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, technical manuals and P&ID's
- Strong computer skills, including the use of word processors and spreadsheets, and knowledge of computerized maintenance and operations management systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and detailed understanding of the operation of the plant systems and equipment.
- Ability to implement and enforce all safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Performs capital project and/or major program responsibilities as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to read and write clearly.
- Prepare with a high degree of accuracy and submit all required reports on a timely basis.
- Good Critical Thinking Skills
- Excellent leadership and work ethic.
- Self Motivator, team oriented and have strong people skills to effectively complete projects and work schedules.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- A minimum of five years of power plant operations and/or maintenance experience.
- Must have prior experience in equipment, auxiliary and or steam operating procedures.
- The OMT position requires working a rotating shift schedule, with overtime and callouts as necessary to support the plant operation.
- Certifications and/or degrees in mechanical maintenance, electrical maintenance, instrumentation and controls (I&C) maintenance, water chemistry, or other related fields
Licenses: Valid Driver’s License
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .