Develop, coordinate, instruct and evaluate training programs and programs to ensure site personnel are properly trained to meet established operations / support organization training needs, company training objectives and all applicable regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, coordinate, schedule, prepare, implement, and evaluate initial training and retraining programs within functional discipline. This includes training needs assessment, course outline preparation, development of lesson plans and audio-visual training aids, administer exams, coordination of instructors, and job and tasks analysis techniques, course critique/evaluation.
- Interface with appropriate management personnel to ensure that training course content and techniques satisfy their training needs. Monitor and evaluate trainees progress to determine effectiveness of programs and recommend improvements.
- Provide guidance and technical direction to subordinate instructors.
- Provide lead role in coordinating the details of various assigned training programs and scheduling the assistance of subordinate instructors.
- Review and approve all documentation, records and files of assigned training programs to comply with department procedures, company standards, technical specifications, state/Federal regulations and QA audit requirements.
- Responsible for preparing INPO accredited program to ensure compatibility with plant training goals and administrative requirements.
- Administer planned training programs to ensure plant personnel are trained to established standards in compliance with Company, Division & regulatory requirements, industry standards and INPO accreditation guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six (6) years related experience in the desired subject field, demonstrating sufficient experience to be considered as knowledgeable.
- Two (2) as a Training Instructor.
Required License(s)/Certification(s) are listed below:
- Licensed by NRC as Senior Reactor Operator (for instructors assigned to Ops Training Supervisor).
Physical demand level is Sedentary and requirements details are listed below:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct.
- Specific knowledge of nuclear standards and nuclear policies, practices and procedures relating to plant operations.
- Education, experience, licensing & certification requirements of this position conform to ANSI N18.1 - 1971and ANSI/ANS-3.1-1993.
- May perform walk downs in plant environment which may include exposure to: heat, cold, noise, and radiation exposure.
Must establish & maintain a permanent residence within a 45-minute safe drive time to the D.C. Cook Nuclear Power Plant.
Hear about it first! Get job alerts by email. Log in to your Candidate Home Account today! If you don't have an account, you can create one.
It is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.