Job SummarySupervise and direct employees to effectively plan, organize, budget, direct, control and lead engineering, design and capital project activities, providing technical guidance and leadership for assigned activities. These activities will be executed in a manner that ensures application of technically and economically appropriate engineering solutions and with consideration to employee and public safety, system reliability, standardization, ease of operation, and timely project completion within approved project schedules and authorized budgets. This position is intended to serve as a first level supervisor of engineering and planning activities.
NOTE: This is a Hybrid role going into the Tulsa, OK office location x2-3 days a week on Monday & Tuesday for now and remaining days working at home. Go to aep.com/about/businesses/opcos to view AEP’s locations.
Responsible to the assigned supervisor for performing complex engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of engineering knowledge in a safe, effective, efficient and economic accomplishment of assigned objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
Perform power flow, short circuit, and facility studies in the ERCOT area. Write reports to explain study results. Develop holistic solutions to interconnect customers, correct criteria violations, and address rehab needs. Present projects to internal engineering groups and support them throughout project development.
1) Supervise and direct employees engaged in planning, engineering, or design and capital planning activities consistent with approved project schedules and authorized budgets and resources.
2) Perform planning and engineering activities and provide technical guidance and direction to assigned staff as required.
3) Support annual development of the capital forecast in support of corporate and business unit strategy, in a manner which effectively organizes and addresses customer and public projects, planned system improvements, system reliability, equipment troubles, facilities rehabilitation, and other capital work. Effectively coordinate needs and support of planning groups and other engineering, operations, construction, and maintenance groups engaged in or affected by capital improvements. In addition, assist in development of project estimates and internal budgets for assigned activities.
4) Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with the policies, practices, standards, and rules of the Company and regulations and procedures as required by federal, state, or local regulating agencies.
5) Clearly define performance expectations and review and reward job performance within the organization to align individual performance with business goals. Develop employees to reach their potential and help establish plans to set and achieve challenging career goals.
Education requirements are listed below: Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET accredited institution. Degree preference is in electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering OR in engineering technology in a program accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the ABET. Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor's in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license OR (2) a Bachelor's in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master's in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor's program.
Work Experience requirement listed below: Typically, has acquired six or more years' experience in transmission engineering, construction, or operations or other equivalent related experience such as distribution or generation engineering, construction, or operations experience.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Physical demand level is Sedentary
1. Demonstrated leadership ability to effectively supervise and direct the work of assigned personnel and the ability to effectively and professionally deal with coworkers and customers is required.
2. PE license desired and may be required in some areas of the company depending on the job responsibilities specific to the organizational unit to which assigned.
3. Additional Information: Some positions may report to the Director level in Line, P&C, and Station Engineering; the incumbents reporting to the Directors would also have the following duties:
i. By reporting to the director, the new Oversight Team will have an independence in its oversight over all OECs, Support Services, and the three internal Production Teams.
ii. The team will be responsible to provide visibility into outstanding issues and contribute to the effectiveness of Station Engineering, including the areas of scope development, constructability, and process efficiency.
iii. The supervisor will be required to drive permanent change within the applicable organization through the values of the Power Up and Lead culture and motivate the adoption of process improvement by identifying mutual benefits. The focus will be on proactive change driven by motivated teams that seek to make a real difference and to achieve a right end.
iv. In order to enable the supervisor with adequate staff to achieve these goals, a diverse team with engineering, design, and analysis skills will need to be assembled by the supervisor.
Compensation Range:$110,656.00-143,853.50 USD
Hear about it first! Get job alerts by email. Log in to your Candidate Home Account today! If you don't have an account, you can create one.It is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.