If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra family and would like to start a promising career with a global leader, take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are currently available and apply online.
Job SummaryThis position is responsible for performing operations functions, preventive and corrective maintenance as applicable to job function to ensure proper functioning of plant equipment will work under the direction of site management.
This position is responsible for the proper function and maintenance of equipment at a Gas Plant for the Gas fleet. Responsible for promoting safe, effective, and reliable operation.
- Operate and maintain facility in the control room or field, optimizing plant performance through established procedures
- Operate equipment and perform repairs as needed, maintaining plant equipment at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency and profitability.
- Proficient skills for maintaining equipment at the plant
- Performs troubleshooting and documentation, and assists in the resolution of problems discovered on shift
- Performs daily maintenance, overhauls, calibration, troubleshooting, repair/replacement and removal/installation of plant equipment and systems.
- Makes decisions and recommends appropriate repair techniques for plant equipment to peers, supervisors, plant management.
- Conducts excitation system inspections and preventive maintenance
- Proficient in operating material handling equipment
- Develops and implements plant operating procedures
- Understands relationship of equipment to plant systems
- May provide instruction and teaching to lower level employees
- Ensures strict adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures as they relate to plant operations and maintenance including but not limited to Lockout Tagout, Job Safety Analysis, Confined Space, Hot Work, Electrical Safety and PPE
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- 2 years related experience
- Satisfactory completion of Tier 2 within primary skill for position job performance measure
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- If applicable, candidate will hold the required level of state license as recognized by the governing body of that particular state
- Demonstrate computer based skills
- Demonstrate effective oral & verbal communications skills
- Independent knowledge of troubleshooting
- Must pass POSS/MASS exam
- Position can be filled at a level 1-4 depending on skill and experience
- Ability to work on a rotating shift schedule and work overtime and standby as needed
- Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of equipment and accurately read and interpret instruments and gauges, and communicate clearly on portable radios
- Ability to respond to plant emergencies.
- Ability to perform demanding work at heights under adverse conditions and when participating in emergency activities.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and enter confined spaces, as required, to complete assigned task.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. of weight.
- Ability to pass a respirator physical and fit test.
- Satisfactory completion of Tier 3 training and qualification requirements
- Demonstrate continual self improvement in job skills and knowledge.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job FamilyPlant Operations
CompanyLuminant Power LLC
LocationsSayreville PlantNew Jersey
We are a company of people committed to: Exceeding Customer Expectations, Great People, Teamwork, Competitive Spirit and Effective Communication. If this describes you, then apply today!
If you currently work for Vistra or its subsidiaries, please apply via the internal career site.
It is the policy of the Company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military service, protected veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.