If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra family and would like to start a promising career with a global leader, take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are currently available and apply online.
This position is responsible for performing operations functions, preventive and corrective maintenance as applicable to job function to ensure proper functioning of plant equipment will work under the direction of site management.
This position is responsible for the proper function and maintenance of equipment at a Gas Plant for the Gas fleet. Responsible for promoting safe, effective, and reliable operation.
- Proficient in primary skill required of position
- Proficient skills for maintaining equipment at the plant
- Performs troubleshooting and documentation, and assists in the resolution of problems discovered on shift
- Performs daily maintenance, overhauls, calibration, troubleshooting, repair/replacement and removal/installation of plant equipment and systems.
- Makes decisions and recommends appropriate repair techniques for plant equipment to peers, supervisors, plant management.
- Conducts excitation system inspections and preventive maintenance
- Proficient in operating material handling equipment
- Develops and implements plant operating procedures
- Understands relationship of equipment to plant systems
- May provide instruction and teaching to lower level employees
- Ensures strict adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures as they relate to plant operations and maintenance including but not limited to Lockout Tagout, Job Safety Analysis, Confined Space, Hot Work, Electrical Safety and PPE
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- Related experience in operations & maintenance in a power plant or similar heavy industrial environment.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate computer based skills
- Demonstrate effective oral & verbal communications skills
- Independent knowledge of troubleshooting
- Ability to work well under pressure and make decisions in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Must be flexible to changing conditions and situations.
- Must be able to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations.
- When required for operation, maintenance or safety emergencies must be able to quickly access all areas of the plant including confined spaces, high elevations and hot areas.
- Must be able to visually read and respond to computer-generated data, instrumentation, gauges, readouts and variations in color.
- Must have manual dexterity required to operate keyboards, pushbuttons, dials and valves.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and enter confined space as required to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs of weight.
- Ability to pass respirator physical and fit test.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and other documents.
- Independently prioritize the workload and multitask to achieve completion of assigned tasks on time.
- Interact with all levels of management in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage external relationships with vendors and other contractors.
- Must pass POSS/MASS pre-employment test.
- This position can be filled at a level 1, 2, 3, 4 depending on skill level assessed.
- Demonstrate continual self-improvement in job skills and knowledge.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Luminant Power LLC
We are a company of people committed to: Exceeding Customer Expectations, Great People, Teamwork, Competitive Spirit and Effective Communication. If this describes you, then apply today!
If you currently work for Vistra or its subsidiaries, please apply via the internal career site.
It is the policy of the Company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military service, protected veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance submitting an application or would like to request an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com to make a request.