If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra family and would like to start a promising career with a global leader, take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are currently available and apply online.
This position is responsible for performing operations functions, preventive and corrective maintenance as applicable to job function to ensure proper functioning of plant equipment will work under the direction of site management.
This position is responsible for the proper function and maintenance of equipment at a Gas Plant for the Gas fleet. Responsible for promoting safe, effective, and reliable operation.
- Maintenance of electrical and instrumentation equipment. High focus on managing the instrumentation & controls equipment, commissioning of combined cycle units and technology-based data collection programs Technician will plan and execute processes & procedures, which follow OEM guidelines, for cold commissioning, hot commissioning, start up, trouble shooting and operational data
- Proficient skills for maintaining equipment at the plant
- Performs troubleshooting and documentation, and assists in the resolution of problems discovered on shift
- Performs daily maintenance, overhauls, calibration, troubleshooting, repair/replacement and removal/installation of plant equipment and systems
- Makes decisions and recommends appropriate repair techniques for plant equipment to peers, supervisors, plant management
- Conducts excitation system inspections and preventive maintenance
- Proficient in operating material handling equipment
- Develops and implements plant operating procedures
- Understands relationship of equipment to plant systems
- May provide instruction and teaching to lower level employees
- Ensures strict adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures as they relate to plant operations and maintenance including but not limited to Lockout Tagout, Job Safety Analysis, Confined Space, Hot Work, Electrical Safety and PPE
- 4 - 6 years related experience
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience gained through college degree programs and/or certifications is applicable to above skills
- If applicable, candidate will hold the required level of state license as recognized by the governing body of that particular state (MA, OH)
- Demonstrate computer-based skills
- Demonstrate effective oral & verbal communications skills
- Independent knowledge of troubleshooting
- Applicant will be required to successfully complete the following to be considered for the position: Plant Operations Selection System/Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System (Poss/Mass)
- Level of position will be determined by applicable education and experience
- Successful outcome of the POSS/MASS test
- Satisfactory completion of Tier 3 training and qualification requirements
- Demonstrate continual self-improvement in job skills and knowledge
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Luminant Power LLC
We are a company of people committed to: Exceeding Customer Expectations, Great People, Teamwork, Competitive Spirit and Effective Communication. If this describes you, then apply today!
If you currently work for Vistra or its subsidiaries, please apply via the internal career site.
It is the policy of the Company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military service, protected veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance submitting an application or would like to request an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com to make a request.