Number of Openings
Talen Energy is soliciting candidates interested in filling the position of License Renewal Program Owner at the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station located near Berwick, Pennsylvania.
Susquehanna Steam Electric Station, one of the largest dual-unit, Boiling Water Reactor sites in the U.S., delivers approximately 2700 MW of electricity to the grid in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Susquehanna Nuclear is a member in good standing with the Utilities Service Alliance. Located less than 30 miles south of Wilkes-Barre at the western edge of the picturesque Pocono Mountains vacation region, we are conveniently located near the arteries which connect all the major East Coast cities.
Susquehanna Station represents the nuclear portion of Talen Energy, one of the largest competitive energy and power generation companies in North America. Talen Energy offers its employees a generous and progressive array of compensation, benefits and growth opportunities. Apply today and become part of the team which is helping to shape the future of electricity generation.
- Responsible for overall coordination of License Renewal (LR) Implementation process at the station.
- Maintaining a high knowledge and understanding of the License Renewal implementation documents and perform reviews of document changes that involve License Renewal commitments that support entry into the PEO. (Subject Matter Expert for License Renewal Aging Management)
- Coordinating training to station personnel on aging management related topics.
- Acting as a technical resource for Aging Management Program (AMP) owners and Station personnel on aging management related topics.
- Maintaining any necessary records or databases associated with LR.
- Issuing periodic reports summarizing the level of completion of aging management activities.
- Interfacing with other company subject matter experts for long term asset management.
- Providing consultation to plant work groups for aging management activities.
- Maintaining communication with industry LR implementation coordinators and working groups (NEI).
- Participating in benchmarking activities through industry assessments. This includes participation in periodic Self Assessments (SAs) to assess the status of implementing LR commitments and to review preparation activities for NRC inspections related to aging management.
- Supports the engineering reviews to meet the requirements of 10 CFR 54.37 (b).
- Ensuring that an appropriate station individual is assigned to generate license renewal documentation (e.g., results book(s), etc.) for those “License Conditions and/or Non-Program Related” Commitments.
- Maintaining a current list of License Renewal Aging Management Program Owners.
- Providing support for outages, emergent issues and generation challenges which may require shift work/off hours.
- Participation in the Emergency Response Organization, in which the successful candidate will be assigned a specific duty.
- Performing the role of Aging Management Coordinator as primary interface with external and internal personnel on License Renewal related topics.
- Performing the role of Aging Management Program (AMP) Owner on select AMP’s, as assigned.
- Performing other assigned duties as determined by the Engineering Branch Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent.
- Individual must meet nuclear requirements for Unescorted Plant Access.
- All requirements listed Engineer and Support Engineer
- Minimum of five years related engineering experience in nuclear or relevant industry.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience with License Renewal and program ownership
- Previous nuclear experience.
- Professional Engineering registration in Pennsylvania.
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .