The Quality Engineer provides support for the successful implementation of nuclear power projects at Holtec Britain. Projects encompass all phases of the project life cycle but will focus on engineering design projects. The Quality Engineer will be an effective communicator who is responsible for helping to shape and manage the development and deployment of the SMR quality assurance arrangements, processes, and systems to meet nuclear design code and regulatory requirements, best practices, configuration control, and quality excellence.
Principal duties include:
- Assist Corporate Quality Assurance Manager by reinforcing, monitoring, and sustaining Quality standards, including policies on scope and retention requirements of QA documentation.
- Perform internal surveillances of internal processes to ensure compliance to Holtec’s Quality Assurance Program.
- Review specifications, procedures, and other documentation to verify compliance with technical QA requirements.
- Perform oversight at vendor facilities to verify compliance to procurement documents and quality assurance requirements.
- Support the development and management of the quality assurance program, quality manuals, implementation plans and key performance measures to meet design code and regulatory requirements to support the strategic intent.
- Support the development and management of programs, processes, and governance. and systems.
- Interpreting stakeholder and design code requirements and ensuring appropriate and effective quality program and design code processes and governance are applied, with a focus on configuration control.
- Coach and assist management and their teams to ensure the quality assurance and design code requirements are understood and implemented.
- Building strong relationships with the functions, internal and external stakeholders including regulators and industry bodies.
- Development of processes, procedures, and facilitating process mapping and problem-solving activities and workshops.
- Experienced in the creation and review of documents with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Provide support to the certification programs.
- The Quality Engineer is expected to complete Holtec’s Quality Indoctrination within one month of joining, and complete Holtec’s OJT training within 6 months of joining.
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- Desirable experience in the nuclear industry and in ASME design code.
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate with impact and experience of managing and influencing interfaces with engineering disciplines with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to learn fast, maintain quality and efficiency, apply acquired knowledge.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills.
- Confident in seeking support where required.
- Questioning attitude.
Holtec International are partnered with Thomas Thor for recruitment purposes, you may be contacted directly by Thomas Thor as part of your application process.
By engaging with Holtec and sharing your information with our recruitment partner, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these privacy statements and agree to the terms. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your data.