Berwick, PA. - Talen Energy is soliciting candidates interested in filling the position of Radiation Protection (RP) Instructor at the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station located near Berwick, Pennsylvania.
Susquehanna Steam Electric Station, one of the largest dual-unit, Boiling Water Reactor sites in the U.S., delivers approximately 2700 MW of electricity to the grid in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Susquehanna Nuclear is a member in good standing with the Utilities Service Alliance. Located less than 30 miles south of Wilkes-Barre at the western edge of the picturesque Pocono Mountains vacation region, we are conveniently located near the arteries which connect all the major East Coast cities.
Susquehanna Station represents the nuclear portion of Talen Energy, one of the largest competitive energy and power generation companies in North America. Talen Energy offers its employees a generous and progressive array of compensation, benefits and growth opportunities. Apply today and become part of the team which is helping to shape the future of electricity generation. EOE M/F/D/V
- Analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate training materials per the Systematic Approach to Training
- Present training courses
- Write and revise technical training procedures
- Develop and administer end of course evaluations
- Develop and maintain program basis documents (task lists, long and short-range training plans, etc.)
- Participate in the Nuclear Emergency Response Organization in an "on-call" status
- Maintain the training programs in compliance with the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) criteria
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years RP experience at an operating nuclear plant
- Experience as an instructor or subject matter expert
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Physics or related field
- Radiation Protection training program experience
- Ability to cross-over to Chemistry and/or Engineering Training programs
- INPO Instructor Certification
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .