Under general supervision, responsible for the safe operation of assigned OPCO Storerooms & Laydown Yards to ensure the material, supplies and equipment needs of Transmission, Station, Protection & Controls, and Telecom are met. Assists in identifying and coordinating training of assigned employees to assist in the migration to a culture that is participative, accident free, and operates in alignment with Corporate Policies and Procedures. Must work in a collaborative manner with Transmission, Station, Protection & Controls, and Telecom to ensure that material is available for construction/maintenance
activities. Responsible for the supervision of personnel and assist with the activities involved in receiving, storing, and managing materials at all Transmission Supply Chain Staffed sites under their responsibility.
- Promote and support a Zero Harm and a positive culture, and demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior to support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
- Foster a collaborative relationship with Transmission Business Partners to ensure that material to support construction and maintenance activities aligns with internal customer needs.
- Supervise both full-time and Staff Augmentation employees and ensure that all Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines, all Laydown Yard procedures, and all Supply Chain policies and procedures are understood & followed.
- Conduct or assist with annual site assessments at all responsible locations.
- Maintain professional working relationships and collaborate with Business Partners from Safety, Environmental, Engineering, Real Estate, Workplace Services, Procurement, Accounts Payable, and Transmission Project Management groups.
- Collaborate with the Materials Management Team to maintain proper and adequate inventories necessary to supply the material needs of all Transmission, Station, P&C, Telecom facilities in their OPCO.
- Assist with Laydown Yard operations when needed, including but not limited to, coordinate shipments and deliveries, process electronic transactions, and assist in the off-loading, loading, and staging of materials.
- Coordinate the procedures associated with cycle inventories, clear discrepancies, and maintain related records.
- Make recommendations for improving the safety, operation, and utilization of all storerooms and Laydown Yards within their OPCO.
- Monitor expenses and maintain cost-efficient operations.
- Ensure Lean and 6S practices are adhered to at all responsible sites.
- Direct the use of the materials management system and the use of computer hardware and software needed in the operation of all facility regional storerooms and Laydown Yards.
- Ensure proper Contracting procedures are utilized for Vendors and Service Providers, whom are needed to perform respective functions within Laydown Yards within his/her OPCO.
- Identifies training opportunities and supports safety programs directed by supervisor that aggressively migrates the culture "mind set" to a norm of accident free.
- Support procedures directed by supervisor that comply with Corporate and Departmental policies/procedures and monitors for adherence.
- Actively supports employees in their identification of training needs to assist employees in growing to their full potential.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with representatives of Transmission, Station, Protection & Controls, and, Telecom ensure that material to support construction/maintenance activity is available as required.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company's Corporate Compliance Policy.
- Carry out, within the assigned area of responsibility, the Company's program of Equal Employment Opportunity, including its Affirmative Action obligations.
- For Administer the company's Performance Management Review and Salary Administration programs and Management Information and Policy Manual.
- Promote and enforce the Company's Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
These are the basic education and experience requirements necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this job to include licenses or certifications required.
- Associate's degree in business administration or relevant supply chain operations discipline and two years of supply chain operations, at least one year of which must be supervisory experience.
- OR if no degree, five years of supply chain related experience, at least one year of which must be supervisory experience.
- At least one year supervisory experience as a Stores Supervisor is preferred.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the practices and procedures of the Company pertaining to the receiving, issuing, and storing of materials.
- Must have the ability and knowledge to work effectively with other departments of the Company.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to supervise employees; coordinate their work; and receive, interpret, and provide direction. Must be able to lead in a manner which obtains effective work results.
Hear about it first! Get job alerts by email. Log in to your Candidate Home Account today! If you don't have an account, you can create one.
It is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.