INITIAL POSITION / BASE SALARY FUNDING: ($69,570 - $86,961). In addition to base salary, AEP offers competitive Total Rewards including: discretionary annual incentive, 401k, pension, health insurance, vacation, etc.
With minimal supervision, the Commercial Reporting Analyst position is responsible for reports prepared on behalf of the Commercial Operations (ComOps) organization. Position is expected to provide detailed analysis around data sets to support decision making across the organization. In addition, the analyst will work with RTO Settlements providing reporting support and operational assistance at various times. The analyst has the responsibility and analysis oversight on a wide range of financial, operational and data requests. Includes reporting of financial metrics, accounting results, fuel metrics, and other generation-related figures.
The Reporting Analyst works in conjunction with the Risk Management Analyst assisting with reporting and analysis on financial transactions. In addition, the Reporting Analyst provides a backup to the Risk Analyst for daily and monthly reporting activities. The analyst is a key contributor to providing rotational support to the daily valuations of the hedging, emissions, and capacity transactions. This rotation provides relief for the Risk Analyst as well as ensuring risk policies are adhered to.
Core Position Responsibilities:
- Support adherence to AEP’s Culture of doing the right thing every time for our customers, each other, and our future.
- Perform budget to actual comparisons of various items (including financial and operational) and provide analysis of the results.
- Report and provide analysis on various weekly, monthly, and quarterly results.
- Manage report storage, retrieval, and aggregation of financial and operational data primarily through Oracle databases, Excel, and vendor applications.
- Analyze information and build automation using tools such as Power BI, SharePoint, SQL, VBA or similar.
- Perform special studies to provide financial and data analysis supporting Commercial Operations, Generation and Finance.
- Support data reported in various SEC and/or regulatory filings.
- Participate in problem solving in a collaborative environment to address all opportunities and risks with innovative, creative, optimized, safety minded solutions.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of accounting and operational changes impacting reporting requirements.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests to support Commercial Operations and Regulatory with minimal supervision.
- Facilitate meetings and manage small initiatives to completion with minimal supervision.
- Support the Risk Management processes and reporting.
- Additional responsibilities may include submitting purchase requests and invoice payments, process improvements and deep-dive studies of financial or operation results and FERQ EQR reporting.
Four-year Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar quantitative degree program.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the energy industry.
- Self-starter with accomplished oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and the general ledger highly desirable.
- High level of proficiency in Excel is required along with familiarity with Oracle databases and the ability to query data using applications such as PL SQL, Excel, and vendor applications.
- Experience with VBA, MS Office suite, SharePoint, etc. to support efficiency efforts and data analysis is preferred.
- Proficiency in facilitating team efforts and managing small projects is highly desirable.
Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and the candidate’s ability to work from an approved work location. Although the location is flexible, AEP does not have a presence in all states and localities. The following locations are NOT currently approved for this position: AK, CA, CO, CT, DE, HI, IA, ID, KS, MA, ME, MS, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OR, RI, SD, UT, VT, WY, US Territories or international work locations. AEP will consider qualified candidates who are willing to relocate to an approved work location, at the candidate’s expense, provided the relocation can be completed within a timeframe that meets AEP’s staffing needs. NOTE: All remote work locations require vetting and final approval prior to offer and/or start date. Any work locations listed as preferred or unapproved relate specifically to the requirements for this position and are not necessarily applicable to other posted positions.
Hear about it first! Get job alerts by email. Log in to your Candidate Home Account today! If you don't have an account, you can create one.
It is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.