Hiring SCADA / EMS Engineers For Consulting Firm
The energy transition is vital to our future and here at PSC, we are compelled to make a difference. We are specialist consultants to the energy industry, an independent firm with global operations. Our teams have been tackling the thorniest problems for some of the most prominent industry players for over 25 years. We provide critical project consulting and support for large energy clients, renewable developers, sustainable energy initiatives, and everything in between. Our vision is to empower people to transform the energy industry so that, together we will power a more sustainable world. We do the right thing, we foster bright ideas, we invest in the future, and we celebrate success.
- Thrive in a culture where people are our greatest asset and we truly celebrate and value the individual.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, love new ideas and are always looking to improve.
- Understand that everyone has a personal life and provide a flexible work environment.
- Provide amazing growth and leadership opportunities in an autonomous role.
- Are a highly collaborative worldwide team of professionals defining the future of this industry.
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, and development.
As a SCADA/EMS Consultant, you will work in a hybrid capacity (or full-time in office if you prefer) with one of our valued clients working to update and maintain complex real-time SCADA and Energy Management Systems. You will work with the client to update system models, patch operating systems and applications, and provide general support of real-time platforms. You will be part of a team of professionals at the client site in a hybrid capacity to ensure all systems are functional and new deployments meet the clients’ functional requirements.
- Providing consultancy, project and support services.
- Liaising with clients to ensure that all service and project tasks are completed to a high standard and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Performing scheduled system updates.
- Identifying, developing and managing enhancements to functionality, process and procedures.
- Responding to, managing and analysing incidents and problems in client systems.
- Taking an active involvement in the ongoing improvement of processes and procedures
- Working collaboratively with client, PSC and third-party team members.
- Participating and providing technical input at client and PSC technical meetings and discussions.
To be considered for this role applicants are strongly encouraged to apply if they meet the requirements or have equivalent experience in a similar role. Our requirements are flexible, we are happy to train those with fundamental skills.
- A tertiary qualification in relevant field (i.e. Electrical Engineering/ Software/ Computer Science).
- 1 - 10 years of relevant experience in the electricity industry pertaining to Operational Technology, SCADA, Control, and/or EMS/DMS software.
- Hands on experience with a SCADA or EMS vendor system (i.e. GE e-Terra, PowerOn, OSI, Hitachi), experience with EMS domains (SCADA, Generation, Network, Dispatcher Training Simulator) and applications (Alarms, Mapboard, Load Shed, Outage Scheduler, Variable Line Rating, ICCP, RTNET, VSAT, PSSE/Powerfactory and Historians (e.g. PI)).
- Familiarity with relational database systems (i.e. SQL)
- Excellent computer system skills, including competency with using and administering Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with IT architecture, server hardware, virtualization, and networking.
- Understanding of data networking and SCADA communications.
- Understanding of test management processes.
- Grid Network Operations Awareness.
- Reading and interpreting single line diagrams (SLDs) and understanding of power system analysis
- Programming experience in a procedural language (i.e. C/C++, Python, PERL, Java)
- Understanding of Grid System Modelling, preferably experience in modelling activities for SCADA, Front End and Advanced applications.
- Experience integrating complex software systems, including familiarity with systems engineering concepts, alarm management, telemetry protocols (e.g. DNP3, ICCP, IEC61850) and design documentation.
Attributes and Skills
- Have a high degree of computer literacy and the ability to learn and use specialised software applications.
- Be self-motivated and able to work alone and remotely when required.
- Be organised and consistent.
- Ability to work to deadlines and exceed client expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – in particular, established habits of clear and unambiguous email and technical document writing, and an ability to present an argument clearly and concisely.
- Problem analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation for energy management systems.
- Focus on customer support and operational technology project delivery with the aim of improving reliability and efficiency of power utility control room operations.
- Competency in maintaining technology that supports real-time critical business systems
It is essential that you have valid authorisation to live and work in New Zealand.
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our amazing people. We are passionate about contributing to a meaningful mission and are proud of our people. If you’ve been searching for a human-centric culture, then perhaps you’ve finally found your match with PSC. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then we would love to tell you more.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note that by applying to this opportunity you consent to the personal data you provide to us to be processed and retained by The PSC Group. Your details will be kept on our internal ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for as long as is necessary for the purposes of recruitment, which may include your details being shared with the hiring manager(s) and for consideration for potential future opportunities by PSC.