Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Full-Time 40 Hours/Week
Classification: exempt under FLSA
Location: 100% Remote
CleanChoice Energy, a national renewable energy company that empowers people and businesses to cut emissions and live cleaner, healthier lives, is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join the Data Development department. This is a unique opportunity to join a mission driven organization transforming the U.S. electricity market by switching homes and businesses to 100% clean, pollution-free energy.
This role will be focused on designing, developing, and maintaining data architecture and infrastructure in support of strategic clean energy initiatives. We are looking for someone who will apply innovative techniques, skills, and tools to move data and develop processes for future data updates and optimization. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a systematic approach to plan, create, and maintain data architectures while also keeping it aligned with business requirements. The ideal candidate must have experience working on agile teams that drive analytic solutions by digitally enabling team success. This person will report to the VP of Data Engineering and will not have direct reports.
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ETL principles and business goals.
- Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that help the organization's business to achieve their goals.
- Create data products for analytics and data scientist team members to improve their productivity.
- Advise, consult, mentor and coach other data and analytic professionals on data standards and practices.
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions.
- Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and process for analytic data engineering to improve the organization's productivity as a team
- Partner with business analysts and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives.
- Design, develop, and maintain data (warehouse) solutions
- Optimize and certify the database schema design so that data is highly available.
- Determine how the enterprise’s data will be stored and utilized to best provide actionable data to the end user.
- Test and support complex logical database designs for the data
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements.
- Perform identification and planning of future data (warehouse) concepts.
- Monitor database jobs and data loads to provide proactive resolution of issues to ensure maximum up-time and availability of databases for reporting.
- Develop, test, and improve database backup and recovery procedures and documentation.
- Approve, schedule, plan, coordinate, and perform the installation and testing of new data sources and code, and ensure version control is enforced.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, presenting, creation of report outs etc.
- 4-year degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent in related work experience.
- Experience building and testing a data warehouse or other enterprise solutions. As well as performing Data Warehouse implementation, deployment, operation, monitoring, and support.
- Experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting applications related to the Data Warehouse.
- Experience providing technical support to employees on database, application, and web server issues that will ensure maximum efficiency with minimal downtime.
- Knowledge of (energy) retail and/or power generation
- Experience with relational database management and data transformation (PostgreSQL, MsSQL, MySQL, etc.). Ability to work with AWS cloud based data platforms and columnar stores is a plus (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience with ETL/ELT design patterns and tools (SSIS, Matillion, Airflow, etc.)
- Knowledge of data types and data modeling practices, for structured and unstructured data
- AWS Certifications are highly desired (AWS Certified Data Engineer)
This position offers compensation commensurate with experience and skills, and a robust benefits package.
How to Apply
CleanChoice Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our staff's diverse, multidisciplinary background drives our success, and we are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via www.cleanchoicenergy.com/careers.
About CleanChoice Energy
Our mission is to transform the U.S. electricity market by switching homes and businesses to 100% clean, pollution-free energy. We are working toward a world free of catastrophic climate change with pure, clean air and abundant renewable energy by providing renewable energy to everyone everywhere.