If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra family and would like to start a promising career with a global leader, take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are currently available and apply online.
Job SummaryWe are seeking a highly skilled and experienced data scientist to join our Data Science team which supports Power Generation and Commercial/Wholesale. As a Data Scientist, you will play a crucial role in developing, implementing, and refining analytical models, leveraging data insights to optimize our generation operations, as well as power trading strategies and profitability.
· Collect, process, and analyze large datasets to identify patterns, trends, and insights.
· Develop, implement, and maintain ML models and algorithms to improve efficiency of power generation, and early detect anomalies
· Develop, implement, and maintain ML models and algorithms to help traders to optimize their hedging and trading decisions
· Collaborate with Plant Operations, Traders, and other teams to identify opportunities and risks
· Design and maintain data visualization tools to communicate data insights to stakeholders
· Continuously improve existing models and develop new models using machine learning and other advanced analytical techniques.
· Stay up to date with the latest advances in data science and bring innovative solutions to the team
· Provide various deep dive analysis on plant sensor data, weather, load, solar, wind and price data, which will be used to effectively operate, hedge and trade Luminant’s generation and load assets
· Comply with all FERC, ISO and Vistra's policies while performing all activities and engage in training for all relevant market activities as needed
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or statistics or related disciplines
· 3+ years of experience in data analysis and modeling. Prior experience in power industry is a plus.
· Strong knowledge of statistical analysis and data visualization techniques. Ability to process large amounts of information to synthetize it into actionable commercial decisions
· High proficiency in Python, R, and experience with databases and SQL
· Familiar with ML models like Linear Regression, GBM, Neural Network, Time Series, Decision Tree, Random Forest
· Familiar with model assembling technique
· Familiar with Docker container, Git, PowerBI, Tableau
· Develops and maintains models to perform analytics in generation efficiency/health, weather, load, solar, wind and power nodal prices
· Generates actionable recommendations for generation operations, asset hedging, and financial trading
Why this role is important:
Data science is becoming increasingly important in power industry, where the ability to quickly analyze large amounts of data can provide a significant competitive advantage. As a Data Scientist in energy company, you will play a key role in helping our team stay ahead of the competition and maximize profitability. Your analytical expertise will enable us to identify opportunities and risks in generation operation and hedging, optimize our trading strategies, and provide valuable insights to stakeholders.
Job FamilyCorp Dev & Planning
CompanyVistra Corporate Services Company
It is the policy of the Company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military service, protected veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
This job is closed.