More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Senior IT Business Analyst - Legal Department is responsible for providing support and training for the Legal Department’s IT applications. This work includes supporting the existing processes and technologies while identifying additional opportunities for transformation. This role will be responsible for understanding the work processes of the assigned business groups and will serve as the main interface with external IT application vendors. This position requires a level of employee that is a proven problem-solver, detail-oriented and able to effectively communicate technical IT matters with individuals who are not IT experts. This person should be able to work both independently and as part of a team and communicate with Managers, Directors, VPs, and the CLO as required.
- Provide business technology support for Legal Department applications across all geographic regions of the Legal Department
- Complete routine maintenance, troubleshooting and training for Legal-specific applications including Wolters Kluwer Passport, Altien Legal Document Management (LDM), FileTrail and Workshare
- Lead various projects and initiatives including system implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and related user testing
- Act as the Single Point of Contact and liaison with multiple external IT vendors
- Assist with financial reporting and data request activities
- Manage the Legal Department portal page and team site as needed
- Assist with vendor set up, including Third Party Risk Management process when necessary
- Evaluate new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommend appropriate system alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems
- Interface with Enterprise IT on support issues outside of business use support
- Serve as a customer advocate, representing needs and directions of the business unit to IT organization
- Bachelor's degree AND four (4) years minimum of related work experience, or
- Associates degree AND six (6) years minimum of related work experience
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma/GED AND eight (8) years minimum of related work experience
- Six (6) years of related experience in business and/or information technology systems analysis or support OR 12 years of related experience in business and/or information technology systems analysis or support without a degree
- Six (6) years experience in workstation desktop and mobile technology support and troubleshooting
- Three (3) years of experience participating in delivering IT projects
- Demonstrated IT technical skills and IT experience
- Project Management and organizational experience and skills
- Experience with system implementation work and system integration/migrations
- Experience with resolving functional and process problems with a variety of unique business products and applications
- Understanding of the business processes and functionality of a wide range of computer applications
- Ability to relate technology solutions to business problems and communicate these solutions effectively to non-technical people
- Experience in a utility, energy company or corporate law department
- Experience with various Corporate related systems, including FileNet, CAPS, Remedy, Hyperion and PeopleSoft
- Experience with Cognos reporting
- Experience with financial reporting, analysis and data requests
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to reason logically, analyze and evaluate data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to forge and maintain constructive relationships and manage conflict
- Strong and demonstrated focus on client service
- Excellent communication skills
- M - F
- 2 - 3 days per week in office, Wednesdays preferred
- Hybrid mobility classification - work will be performed from both remote and onsite locations after the onboarding period. However, hybrid employees should live within a reasonable commute to a Duke Energy facility.
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration Date
Wednesday, November 29, 2023
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA)