More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This position has the responsibility for effectively managing and influencing the relationships with governmental officials and bodies to support the interests of Duke Energy. This position serves as one of the company’s registered lobbyists in the state and is responsible for lobbying activities and influencing the legislative and state’s executive branch to advance the strategic objectives of the company and its business units. The position manages state legislative strategy and relationships and coordinates with other companies, statewide businesses, industry organizations, coalitions, and special interest groups to foster and promote the interests of Duke Energy. This position reports to the Managing Director- Government Affairs.
- Communicate on complex policy issues with executive management and with members of the state legislature and their staffs
- Represent the company effectively in influential public forums
- Be an advocate for the company position on particular legislative activities
- Complete political and policy analysis
- Monitor legislation
- Build relationships with people effectively
- Work with business groups and grassroots initiatives
- Consult/advise employee political action committee
- Bachelor's degree in business, political science or other related degree
- Eligible to register as a lobbyist
- An extensive understanding of the state legislative process and the state political arena
- Ability to communicate effectively on complex policy issues and with executive management and with members of the state legislature and their staffs
- Ability to represent the company effectively in influential public forums
- Ability to build relationships with people effectively
- Strong initiative
- Sound judgment to operate in fluid situations
- Experience as a registered lobbyist or legislative liaison
- Experience working with business groups and grassroots initiatives
- A working knowledge of the electric, natural gas, or telecommunications industry, Utility franchise, and municipalization concepts and strategies
- Effective negotiation skills, Strategic planning development, implementation and tracking
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to attend early morning, night, and weekend governmental/community meetings
- Ability to travel throughout the state and spend occasional evenings away from home
- Ability to work extended days, particularly during the legislative session
- Requires availability 24/7
- Onsite mobility classification – work will be performed at a company facility.
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration Date
Thursday, November 16, 2023
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA)