Job SummaryUnder immediate supervision of a qualified person, perform all types of work involved in the installation, maintenance, operation, removal and inspection of energized and de-energized transmission and distribution facilities, performing work required on energized transmission facilities by use of insulating protective equipment, live line tools, and bare-hand method. Employee may perform miscellaneous, related, and incidental work in addition to that specifically outlined below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Perform duties in accordance with the Company's safety rules, regulations and practices and report unsafe conditions and practices.
2) Perform all maintenance work on wood structures including the use of insulating protective equipment and live line tools.
3) Assist qualified personnel in work on congested energized circuits.
4) Under immediate supervision of a qualified person, be proficient in the use of live line tools, bare-hand techniques, rubber gloves and sleeves, and other accepted work methods.
5) Select the proper standard drawings and follow specifications and prints for each part of the job as laid out by Engineering.
6) Identify and be able to patrol transmission lines, locate, evaluate, report and repair transmission facilities.
7) Operate automotive equipment and its associated equipment, and perform duties incidental to the operation of such equipment.
8) Maintain records and submit reports as required.
9) Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
10) Assist employees of equal or higher classification.
11) Attend and participate in training as assigned and assist in the training of other employees.
12) Perform similar or less skilled work.
Education requirements are listed below:High school graduate or GEDWork Experience requirement listed below:Minimum of 24 months satisfactory work experience as a Transmission Line Mechanic C or the equivalent ( as determined by the Company through demonstration, examination and performance appraisal).Licenses/Certifications: Valid Class A CDL is required
physical demands required for this job include but not limited to; Amount of Weight Lifted from Floor/Ground to Waist Level - 75Amount of Weight to be Carried for 20 Feet - 60Amount of Weight Lifted to Chest Level - 50Amount of Weight Lifted to Eye Level - 30Distance to Walk Accumulated over the Course of an 8-Hour Shift - 2 MilesDistance in Feet to Climb and Work on a Ladder/Structure - 100 and HigherDistance in Feet to Ascend to and Work in a Bucket/Lift - 150 and Higher (Tested at 60’)Ability to Discriminate between Colors - Yes (Not Tested)
Compensation Range:$35.53-36.08 USD
Hear about it first! Get job alerts by email. Log in to your Candidate Home Account today! If you don't have an account, you can create one.It is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.
This job is closed.