The VP Regulatory & Finance position is responsible for the coordination of the operating company financial and regulatory plans with the relevant central business and financial units and the execution of such plans. The role facilitates the prioritization of planned O&M and Capital expenditures and maximize the recovery of cost through the regulatory process. This position requires extensive internal coordination with the central business units, Corporate, Finance, Accounting, Corporate Planning and Budgeting, Regulatory and executive management in addition to maintaining a visible external focus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate with corporate and central business functions to facilitate O&M and Capital spending plans in alignment with corporate strategy.
- Establish and maintain metrics in support of performance measurement reporting.
- Develop all short and long-term financial plans in a coordinated effort with Corporate Planning and Budgeting for the operating company to identify financial opportunities to improve profitability in order to maximize returns, support external ratings and regulatory filings.
- Oversee and direct the operating company's financial strategies and plans as well as regulatory strategies and execution.
- Oversee and direct the operating company's financial strategies and plans as well as regulatory strategies and execution.Understand all financial and regul
- atory issues for the operating company.
- Direct the O&M and Capital resource allocation in alignment with corporate strategy, financial constraints and the regulatory plan. Recommend mid-year plan adjustments to achieve target earnings.
- Direct the development of data in support of regulatory filings to maximize returns. Participate in regulatory hearings as required.
- Represent the operating company with matters before its regulatory bodies, including customer complaints, general rule makings, negotiated rate settlements, large customers, etc.
- Provide operating company performance measurement reporting, including O&M and Capital variance analyses and re-projections required in support of the corporate processes.
- Evaluate, develop and obtain necessary approvals in support of Capital and Lease Improvement Requisitions/Blankets consistent with corporate guidelines and procedures.
- Provide support for the development of economic and load forecasts for the short-term and long-term.
- Develop and make presentations to executive management as required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Engineering, Finance, Management or related field.
- MBA, JD, or advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years of relevant experience in a regulated industry
- 5 years of significant regulatory experience (ex. rate case development, writing testimony, testifying in front of utilities commissions, etc).
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
- Show an approach toward people and work that is consistent with the AEP values and leadership framework.
Hear about it first! Get job alerts by email. Log in to your Candidate Home Account today! If you don't have an account, you can create one.
It is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.