Sonnax Transmission Company
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Entry level warehouse work that includes picking, counting, using motorized equipment, and computers to efficiently stock the warehouse and fill customer order.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- Pick parts for work orders, customer orders or restocking inventory.
- Complete proper department paperwork for proper tracking of material movement
- Use the ADC scanner or computer for tracking material movement.
- Work in a team environment to build kits or complete work orders in accordance with work instructions.
- Read work orders or pick slips to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or shipped.
- Able to work individually to read and execute work orders for building smaller kits.
- Sort and place parts or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Print labels and inserts.
- Operate a scale, scanner, box stapler, heat sealer, tape gun and compactor.
- Weigh and count items for shipment to ensure conformance to work instruction.
- Communicate any exceptions to supervisor or designee.
- Wrap and strap pallets.
- Open bales, crates, and other containers.
- Operate mechanized material handling equipment to include forklifts, pallet jackets, waves and carousel systems.
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by supervisor.
Education or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be flexible based on the work load in Distribution department.
- Team player.
- Sense of urgency, focus on safety, quality and accuracy.
- Comfortable using computers and mechanized devices.
Certifications or Licenses:
- Sonnax issued license to operate mechanized equipment to include forklifts, pallet jackets and waves.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working off ladders or platforms.
- No restrictions on wearing safety footwear, protective eyewear or required PPE.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.