Number of Openings
Talen Energy is soliciting candidates interested in filling the position of Engineer-Welding/Mechanical at the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station located near Berwick, Pennsylvania.
Susquehanna Steam Electric Station, one of the largest dual-unit, Boiling Water Reactor sites in the U.S., delivers approximately 2700 MW of electricity to the grid in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Susquehanna Nuclear is a member in good standing with the Utilities Service Alliance. Located less than 30 miles south of Wilkes-Barre at the western edge of the picturesque Pocono Mountains vacation region, we are conveniently located near the arteries which connect all the major East Coast cities.
Susquehanna Station represents the nuclear portion of Talen Energy, one of the largest competitive energy and power generation companies in North America. Talen Energy offers its employees a generous and progressive array of compensation, benefits and growth opportunities. Apply today and become part of the team which is helping to shape the future of electricity generation.
The purpose of this position is to perform, under supervision, a variety of activities related to the Welding Engineering Program and Section XI Repair/Replacement program in support of Susquehanna SES plant operations. Individuals in this position may also provide technical guidance and direction to consultants or other Susquehanna employees in support of producing high quality, timely and cost-effective engineering solutions to welding or Section XI repair/replacement technical issues. Location of this position will be at the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station in Berwick, PA.
- Reviewing, and approving, manufacturer and vendor welding procedures, programs and design drawings for planned modifications to ensure compliance with ASME Sections III, VIII and IX, ASME B31.1, and company specifications.
- Preparing, reviewing and approving Weld Records and ASME Section XI Code Repair Plans for modification and maintenance work.
- Providing weld engineering and ASME Code support/problem resolution to modification and maintenance engineering personnel and workgroup personnel in the field.
- Revising, and reviewing welding and ASME program procedures to incorporate improvement initiatives and to ensure compliance with company specifications, applicable Codes and regulatory requirements/commitments.
- Accepting and managing welder qualifications in accordance with ASME Section IX, AWS D1.1, and company specifications
- Providing support for outages, emergent issues and generation challenges which may require shift work/off hours.
- Participation in the Emergency Response Organization, in which the successful candidate will be assigned a specific duty.
- Performing other assigned duties as determined by the Engineering Branch Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent in related engineering discipline (welding, mechanical, nuclear or metallurgical)
- Individual must meet nuclear requirements for Unescorted Plant Access.
- The ability to obtain an AWS-CWI Certification within two years
Sr. Engineer Level
- Meet Basic Qualifications
- Shall have at least five years of related engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of ASME Section IX and AWS D1.1 welding codes.
- Working knowledge of ASME Section III, Section XI and ASME B31.1 Codes.
- Working knowledge of National Board Inspection Code, (NBIC) ASME/NB-23
- Previous nuclear power plant experience
- Previous experience working with a welding program and/or ASME repair replacement program.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- AWS-CWI Certification
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .